Meet patch 7.20 in Dota 221 November 2018
Valve has updated Dota 2 up to a version 7.20. A long-awaited patch has introduced a range of corrections to the gaming balance and several interface changes. Let’s review the most important things.
• Recently, denies no longer give experience points. Instead of this, a character killing a creep receives 20% of gold.
• There is a new Armor formula: (0.052 × Armor) / (0.9 + 0.048 × Armor).
• Scroll cooldown is separated from Boots of Travel cooldown. 10 seconds are now added to your Boots of Travel cooldown when using Scroll. Besides, there is a new slot for Town Portal Scrolls.
• Daily Bonus Heroes are removed. The selection of a random hero will require the entire pool, except for 25 least played heroes. Moreover, a random hero can be selected only during the first two picks for each team.
• Stacked Neutral creeps give the stacker 35% of the experience points instead of 25%. All creeps, save for ancient ones, provide 5% more reward.
• Killing Sprees will give an XP bonus ranging from 200 to 1250. The system was also simplified by removing team experience. The updated formula is as follows: (40 + 0.14 × DyingHeroXP) / of killers.
• Mana and HP regen also faced changes. Now, regen is not multiplied by a certain number depending on values: regeneration is stable. Intelligence provides 0.05 mana regeneration, while the base mana regen value is removed. Thus, everything depends on the initial intelligence level.
• Cleave is now a physical damage type and is reduced by the armor of each unit impacted. Its distance increased from 625 to 650 and width increased from 330 to 360.
• Assassin illusions won’t produce Psi Blades, and illusions’ incoming damage is calculated at the final step.
• Poison Sting is dispelled now, while Hex state can be removed by strong dispels.
Towers no longer gain extra armor per nearby enemy hero. Their experience points are increased:
- Т1 Tower: from 1600 to 1800;
- Т2 Tower: from 1600 to 1900;
- Т3 Tower: from 1600 to 2000;
- Т4 Tower: from 1600 to 2100.
Characteristics of some items and characters are also upgraded. The full list is available here.
By the way, some gamers have already found gaps in the new patch. One of them allows to abuse gold:
The map was reworked as well. You can examine it on video: