Valve releases 7.21 Dota 2 update with Captain's Mode changes01 February 2019
Valve has issued the 7.21 Dota 2 patch and finally improved the Dota client. Besides, the game started the ranked season.
Common updates include combat awards: some of them are increased and others are reduced. It refers to bounty for melee creeps (reduced by 3 coins on the average) and range creeps (increased from +3 to +6 per every cycle).
Besides, heroes won’t receive bonus 25% of their primary attributes, though growth values increased by 15% (for all heroes). Characters’ HP grew from 28 to 20 per one unit force. Some melee heroes obtained +5 movement speed (in particular, Monkey King and Bloodseeker), while others increased this figure up to +15 (Lifestealer, Lycan, Sven, etc.).
- the primary jungles' ancient camps were replaced with big camps;
- XP required to reach level 7 to 12 is now the following: 640/660/680/800/820/840 to 720/750/780/810/840/870 (the difference is +80/90/100/10/20/30 XP);
- such heroes as Alchemist, Dragon Knight, and Meepo now have +10 speed;
- Tier 2 tower armor increased from 14 to 15, Tier 3 tower armor increased from 14 to 16, and Melee Barracks armor increased from 13 to 15.
Changes in hero characteristics: Io
Save for changes in features of some items, the 7.21 patch has also affected hero characteristics. Io is temporarily unavailable in the Captain’s Mode, while Overcharge has an 18-second cooldown at 8-second duration. At the same time, Tether will transfer mana and health even when Io is at max hp/mp.
- Overcharge attack speed bonus increased to 50/80/110/140;
- Overcharge damage reduction increased to 15/20/25/30%;
- Relocate delay increased to 3.5/3.25/3.
The full patch description is available here.