Winter season of anime in 2019: surprises for fans15 January 2019
Even though Japan celebrates New Year on January 1, it seems that there is no holidays for anime developers. This winter, fans will be able to enjoy several novelties and continuations of their favorite stories, the list of which we have prepared for you.
- Great news for Heaven’s Feel fans: Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel - II will be available since January 12. The war caused by the Holy Grail is going on. The story mood is similar to the first part: action, thriller, and dark fantasy.
- On February 8, one will release a feature film called Youjo Senki Movie based on the same-name serial. Tanya keeps the major and savage struggle with the whole world. Perhaps, this time there will be somebody stronger and more cynical than the little girl?
- A story about City Hunter has not lost steam since the 1980s. Anime serials and even live-action films were repeatedly adapted from the manga. One more anime, City Hunter, will be released on February 8.
- Code Geass anime series came out in 2006. The movie became so popular that it was adapted to light novels, video games, and even audio plays. We are waiting for the release of Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch on February 9.
- The Psycho-Pass universe was not ignored as well. Over the next quarter, one will screen the trilogy of full-length anime. The first part called Psycho-Pass SS Case 1: Tsumi to Batsu will start on January 25. The second part, Psycho-Pass SS Case 2: First Guardian, will be released on February 15. The third part will be available on March 8 – Psycho-Pass SS Case 3: Onshuu no Kanata ni.
- The second season of Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler began on January 8. The anime brings together Japan’s most foul realias: gambling and depravity. The serial shows education and mental training of Hyakkaou Private Academy students.
- If you like anime, pop music, and mobile games, you should watch the second season of Bang Dream! A vocal-instrumental group of schoolgirls is going on towards the big time.
- On January 27, the Fukushima Gainax studio will release the second season of multi-episode anime: Piano Forest, or The Perfect World of Kai. The adaptation of the same-name manga reveal changes in life of the unwanted boy when he finds a keyboard instrument in the wildwood.
- The first season of the Mob Psycho 100 anime manga reached a pretty good rating. It ranges between 8 and 10 according to the 10-point scale on various sources. Therefore, fans hope that the season will satisfy their expectations. It has been available since January 8. Humor and pathos are combined in adventures of a young mentalist Mob and his friend Arataka.
- Revisions is a name of a person with unique abilities allowing to save everyone from monstrous robots. A student Daisuke is one of such people, which he will find out later. You will be able to find yourself together with him in the dark city of the future – Shibuya.
- Pastel Memories is a TV serial based on the mobile game. On January 7, one released a pilot episode acquainting us with 12 key characters. They should rescue their city from virus fog that expunges memories of the pop culture.
- A remake of screened manga called Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan has become available since January 8. The comic anime describes life of the main female character. Ekoda has several jobs. Despite this fact, she is still able to visit night clubs and pick a quarrel with beautiful girls over men’s attention.
- From January 9, you can follow a touching story of two core characters of My Housemate Is on My Lap, But Sometimes on My Head. The narration is told one-by-one on behalf of a writer Subaru and a street cat Haru.
- The second season of Kemono Friends will be screened on January 14, continuing adventures of animal-like female friends from an uncommon zoo – Japari Park.
- The first book of Boogiepop light novel was released in 1998. To celebrate the studio’s twentieth anniversary, on January 4, Madhouse presented a new adaptation: Boogiepop wa Warawanai where a mysterious ghost helped schoolgirls to fight evil.
- The Morose Mononokean and Fukigen na Mononokean are the names of a single series about a mystical aspect of the common world. The second season of trials and tribulations of a teenager Hanae. Mononokean, an exorcist and owner of the tea house, comes to his rescue.
- Two Japanese studios, MAPPA and Tezuka Productions, collaboratively produced a remake of the Dororo anime series, which became a screen version of manga back then. A pilot episode was released on January 7. The father of the main character gave his unborn son’s organs to demons in exchange for strength and mastery. The boy survived and became undefeatable, but he desired to revenge.
- The Rising of the Shield Hero started on January 9. A screened isekai reveals how unfriendly parallel worlds can be even if they are full of magic. The main character, Naofumi, acquires the all-embracing power and obtains a magic shield, but he appears to be the weakest character betrayed by everyone.
- Yakusoku no Neverland, or The Promised Neverland, came out on January 10. Connoisseurs assert that the Yakusoku no Neverland manga the serial is based on is a unique discovery. According to the plot, three kids carelessly live in the orphanage, but they have to face riddles and darkness of the outside world.
- Long ago, several magical warriors saved the mankind from obliteration by Disas. However, their fight continues after the war. This time, they should combat human conflicts rather than invaders. Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka (Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka) was presented on January 11.
- On January 6, one released a serial about love that the main character fails to confess in: Ueno-san wa Bukiyou (How clumsy you are, Miss Ueno). Ueno chooses unusual methods to do this, thus her schoolmate can’t understand her.
- What if a popular girl in the school starts keeping company with a geek? The second season of 3D Kanojo: Real Girl dedicated to the unconventional friendship between a pretty girl Iroha and starry-eyed Tsutsui started on January 8.
- Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! (WATATEN!: an Angel Flew Down to Me) was introduced on January 8. One more story about a strange love. This time, a female student falls in love with a fifth grader. Miyako decides to achieve a mutual feeling from the schoolgirl, so that she will have to get across to her friends.
- Now, we won’t be surprised by a tender passion for ghosts. Such a plot is shown in the Meiji Tokyo Renka series released on January 9. Besides, it demonstrates how the main female character combines love with historical studies. She has everything for this because one of the magicians has transferred her in the past.
- What's to be done when a boy is surrounded by five girls at once? A loner Futaro Uesugi has to help a new girl in studying. Her four sisters refuse to keep out when their home is visited by a young man. The first episode of Gotoubun no Hanayome (The Five Wedded Brides) was screened on January 10.
- A high school student Natsuo faces love affairs. The character of the Domestic na Kanojo serial is torn between two girls. One of them is his age-mate, and the other is his teacher. His father’s marriage throws the boy a curve: both of them are Natsuo’s stepsisters. Discover the outcome of this situation starting from January 11.
- The Date a Live anime will continue on January 11. The destiny of humankind is still in doubt in the third season, as Spirits under the aegis of Ratatoskr secret corporation keep hitting on Earth. A responsibility for the planet falls on the shoulders of a high school student Shidou Itsuka. The secret of rescue is also a romance.
- If you hesitate to confess your feelings to someone, watch a novelty – Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai (Kaguya-sama: Love is War) – since January 12. The love is a real trial for core characters, especially that it is considered a weakness.